Whether you like the Oscars or not, you obviously like drinking because you are on SauceMonsters.com. So here’s an Oscars drinking game for 2017. If you hate watching the Academy Awards but have to for some reason, this will help make it more fun. If you already love the Oscars and are having a party, this will make it more fun.
Alcohol makes everything more fun.
TAKE ONE DRINK WHEN…
- “La La Land” wins an award.
- A celebrity tries to “break the internet” with a photo.
- A movie you’ve actually seen wins an award.
- Jimmy Kimmel acts like a celebrity fanboy.
- Someone trips on their way to accept an award.
TAKE TWO DRINKS WHEN…
- “La La Land” doesn’t win one of the 13 nominations it received.
- A speech gets political.
- Someone talks over the “time’s up” music.
- A celebrity cries.
- A winner thanks God.
- A winner says they don’t deserve the award but takes it anyway.
TAKE THREE DRINKS WHEN…
- Someone mentions Trump by name.
- The camera pans to someone in the audience and you can name three movies they’ve been in before the camera pans away.
- Someone mispronounces an award winner’s name.
- A massive upset happens. Like Hidden Figures wins best movie.
FINISH A FULL DRINK WHEN…
- The “In Memoriam” montage starts. Damn you 2016 for still haunting us.
- If someone actually praises Trump.
- Donald Trump inevitably live tweets about the Oscars.